Project manager or
Association canadienne des professionnels de l’immersion (ACPI)
Virtual rendez-vous : ACPI reçoit, Droit au but, Podcasts, Coups de cœur culturels, Jasettes pédagogiques
The virtual rendez-vous are open to teachers, educational consultants or any other immersion professional who is a member of ACPI/CAIP. The activities are an opportunity to discuss a topic related to immersion with a guest speaker.
The following training activities are offered:
- ACPI Reçoit [ACPI hosts] A series of video interviews with a French Immersion expert featuring relevant topics, promising practices and thought-provoking sharing.
- Droit au but [straight to the point]: A series of video interviews in which FI teachers are asked about their best practices in a hybrid or remote learning context.
- Balados [podcasts] A stimulating 30-minute discussion with experts who reveal three of the most important things to remember about a key concept in immersion teaching, learning or leadership.
- Coups de cœur culturels [cultural picks] A series to help support immersion professionals in maintaining and enhancing their language security. The short clips feature films, readings, comedians, television shows, etc. with a view to promoting French Canadian or international productions and artists showcasing the French language
- Jasettes pédagogiques [educational chats] Monthly educational chats for teachers, educational consultants, administrators and other immersion professionals inspired by the ACPI reçoit or Balados du mois episodes and best practices in immersion.
Main takeaways (learnings)
- Teachers need help with virtual teaching.
- We need to be aware of the importance of being concise in training courses, because teachers are very busy people.
- The discovery of experts in all forms of pedagogy has enabled us to develop an excellent list of resource persons.
- Virtual Rendez-vous is an interesting tool that can be used as a springboard for local training meetings, etc.
- It's useful to have access to ACPI's resources to enrich our service offering.
- The activities are both useful and relevant.
- Activities can enrich student learning.