Project manager or
Association canadienne des professionnels en immersion (ACPI)
Jobimmersion.ca recruitment portal
The jobimmersion.ca website is a must for candidates looking for a job in French Immersion. School boards trust jobimmersion.ca to recruit quality French Immersion teaching candidates.
- Hired a project management consultant.
- Conducted research and benchmarking on job portal trends.
- Designed a job search Web portal.
- Designed, wrote and developed the content and visual material required for page development.
- Promoted the site to potential employers, including school boards, for job postings.
- Hire a recruitment specialist.
- Facilitate contact between potential candidates and employers for pre-interviews.
- Liaise with Education faculties at universities across the country and university employment services to promote the portal to graduates or final-year education students.
- Liaise with organizations that facilitate the immigration of teachers from outside Canada.
- Continuously monitor potential candidates (education graduates, teachers interested in a new challenge, teachers outside of Canada) on job search platforms and social media.
- Create specialized content about current recruitment activities, expert advice to prepare candidates for the selection process, specific tips to help school boards fill positions quickly, and more...
- Create tutorials for candidates to increase their chances of being noticed by employers (boosting their résumés, creating a presentation video...)
- Supply content to social networks linked to jobimmersion.ca (i.e., LinkedIn)
- Post ads about jobimmersion.ca on job search engines (e.g.,Monster.ca, ApplytoEducation, Workopolis...)
- Develop and maintain databases to reach school principals, school board human resources departments and identify recruitment activities in all cities with a population of 5,000+ across the country.
Main takeaways (learnings)
- School boards need personalized support to help them market themselves to potential candidates.
- We also need to offer personalized support to candidates to help them promote themselves and identify their career path.
- To gain access to their contacts at post-secondary institutions
- To appeal to academics who influence their students, and publish articles on the jobimmersion.ca site
- For promotional support (e.g., encouraging their members to use the platform).
- To promote the jobimmersion.ca portal to students.
- For promotion to members.